Living in a world construed from words, we value both privacy and the right to freedom of speech.
The PHIFER Group has worked closely with international political movements, politicians,
leaders of sovereign countries and journalists. We are deeply honored by their confidence and trust.
We also take our translation and marketing endeavours seriously, for communication is a balance of understanding and listening serving.
How We Protect Your Data
In this modern age, maintaining privacy requires more than a simple Non-Disclosure Agreement and encrypted files. The PHIFER Group does their utmost to maintain privacy and confidentiality, which includes:
- Using privacy screen filters on laptops, tablets and smart phones (hereforth known as ‘devices’)
- Taping over cameras on devices
- Removing batteries from mobile devices during private conversations
- Locking devices with passwords, not fingerprints
- Encrypting devices and files with passwords and YubiKeys
- Wiping devices remotely in the event of theft or seizure
- Encrypting and automatically deleting emails sent via ProtonMail
- Encrypting and automatically deleting messages sent via Wickr and Signal, although mobile devices are strongly advised against as a method of secure communication
- Running secure Operating Systems (OS) on devices
- Using secure locations for meeting & postal mailing
Whom to Best Contact
For protection of communication under certain governances, please be aware that The PHIFER Group is not one commercial entity but a cooperation of individuals operating under both private and commercial purposes. Each individual freelancer has varying levels of security with which (s)he operates. Below is a table with further information about each freelancer within The PHIFER Group.
Secure contact method
||English, German, Spanish
||Laptop, Tablet, Smartphone, Typewriter
||Ubuntu, Win10, Android
||In person / hardcopy / via post to certain locations
Signal*: +49 176 577 ten 879
||English, German, French
||In person / hardcopy
||Spanish, English, German
|| Laptop, Tablet, Smartphone
||Laptop, Tablet, Smartphone
||Mac, Win10, iOS
||Wickr: Contact for username
||German, Polish, English
||Laptop, Carrier Pidgeon (coming soon)
||In person / hardcopy
|| Laptop, Smartphone
||Telegram: Contact for number
*Update June 20, 2017: The security of Android’s OS is questionable according to Ms. Phifer’s most recent observations. Windows 10 OS is, as many hackers and technology enthusiasts have long suspected, proven to be compromised
Important Security Reminders
1. Encryption is only as safe as the one who holds the keys.
Example: If your laptop is encrypted, but you write down your passwords and keep them near your desk, this is not secure. Trespassers (with or without a search warrant) can easily find and seize your list of hand written passwords.
Likewise, if you use simple or ‘weak’ passwords to lock your devices, these can easily be unlocked by simple guessing or automated cracking.
If you trust Windows Operating System, you may not be fully informed. Take time to read The Intercept’s
article on Microsoft saving Windows encryption keys
2. A man who does not know his rights has none.
Words cannot be unspoken. Make sure you know your rights (not just Miranda
, but constitutional and otherwise). Ask for the credentials and identification of any authority attempting to excercize power over you — because it’s important to hold these individuals and institutions accountable.
3. Do Your Homework.
This plays off of the caution listed in #1 above.
For example, if you are a journalist working on an exposé concerning the U.S. government or large corperations closely tied to the U.S. government, you might not want to use the messenger WhatsApp for confidential communication. Although WhatsApp claims end-to-end encryption, the ones holding the encryption keys might be sharing that information with the FBI, NSA or partner intelligence operations.
For evidence of the U.S. government having close relations with tech companies
, see the Washington Post news article “Obama’s top national security officials to meet with Silicon Valley CEOs
The following are legal terms for visiting this website and contracting with The PHIFER Group.
§1 Legal Terms of This Website
- The webmaster is not liable for third-party advertisement software that may or may not be used in affiliation with this website or websites linked to from this one.
- The information offered on this website does not constitute a legally binding offer for services rendered. Please contact The PHIFER Group for an offer (also called ‘proposal’) after reviewing the Prices & Payments page.
- This website claims neither promotion nor defamation of any past or present work-related contacts including clients, employers, employees, interns, freelancers, subcontractors and other forms of partnership and cooperation. The PHIFER Group maintains a high level of discretion, especially when working with companies who are direct competitors. More information about how privacy is protected can be found on the Privacy page.
- Any desired changes to this website must be requested in writing, and are given up to 21 calendar days for implementation.
§2 Legal Information According to German Law (Impressumspflicht)
- This website is maintained by Kasey Phifer, doing business as (DBA) ‘The PHIFER Group’ in North America, Europe, Hong Kong and Thailand.
- The German subsidiary of this business entity is physically located in BETT Coworking Space at Wilhelminenhofstraße 19, Berlin-Schöneweide, Germany.
- Contact information is office-at-kaseyphifer-dot-com, +1 (650) 681 nine 254
- The tax identification number in Germany is 36/470/01319.
§3 Legal Information of The PHIFER Group
- The PHIFER Group is a collaboration of independant contractors and freelancers.
- Each individual works remotely, that is, both internationally and in varying locations year-round.
- For information about citizenships, please visit the Privacy page.
- As to whether an invoice shall include VAT or Sales & Use Tax, please discuss the matter with the contractor hired or contact us.
- Place of legal jurisdiction is Hong Kong.